Big trouble with my Rig

edited February 2014 in Hardware support

Hi there,taday i have build my new rig (2x r9 280x 4x r9 290) together but i have big trouble.When i connect just one Card with the Raiser Cable with my Gigabyte Board (6x PCI-E Slots) everything works fine.When i connect a second Card with the board,the Monitor shows "no signal".Where is my mistake? I don´t understand,why it´s so...please Help

Comments

• Try moving your monitor connection to the second card.  They don't alwyays enumerate in an order that makes sense, and it might be showing up as GPU 0.

• I have try to connect the monitor with the second card,but there´s the same,no signal

• Are your risers powered?

• no,they are not powered

• It might be a case where the mobo is having trouble auto-assigning IROs to your bus slots.  Does your BIOS setup allow manual setup?  If so, try and get a 3rd card going using one of the 9 or so unused IRQs.

• i´ve seen,that i can config the prio output in bios :) But now,when all Cards connected,Windows 7(64bit) crashes after a few minutes with bluescreen.Now i have just the 4 R9 290 pluged in,Windows works fine,but cgminer works very slow (86khash per card) and 100% HW errors.What is wrong now?

• Post your config.  Quite a few parameters can cause HW errors.

• 4 graphic cards is the limit in windows.

3 graphic cards max with unpowered risers, you need a powered riser for your 4th card.

plus what PSU do yo have ? 4 GC draw a lot of power.

Get that straight before going further. You can run 3 cards before you receive your powered riser.

You should have read good tutorials before buying all this hardware.