Assigning Mhz to gridseeds individually

edited August 2014 in Miner Configs

using windows 7, and CGminer 3-7-2, I need to be able to assign individual clock speeds, or atleast be able to run multiple miner.bat files at once as some are modded and some aren't.

Current:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u jbeebz.1 -p x --gridseed-options=gsd0=baud=115200,freq=1175,chips=5 --hotplug 5

Does anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• After a bit of googling it look like it's basically the same type of commands that i'm using for my fury's. 

If you want to use them as separate workers/use separate command command prompt windows you will need to add -S *port number*. If your PC sees the devices as USB ports then you should be able to use something like *-S /dev/ttyUSB0* (change USB0 to whichever port the device is on) but if your drivers added the devices as COM ports you may need to use something like *-S /dev/ttyCOM0*. I would just check in device manager to see which type of ports the drivers added and what their numbers are. 

So you should be able to setup 2 miner.bat's, maybe call them modded.bat & unmodded.bat. In the examples below you may need to play with the placement of the -S port (This is why I added the pause at the end, so you can read any error messages that pop up to figure out what is wrong with your command). 

Modded.bat

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u jbeebz.1 -p x --gridseed-options=gsd0=baud=115200,freq=1175,chips=5 --hotplug 5 -S /dev/ttyUSB0 -S /dev/ttyUSB1
    Pause

UnModded.bat

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us-east.multipool.us:7777 -u jbeebz.1 -p x --gridseed-options=gsd0=baud=115200,freq=1175,chips=5 --hotplug 5 -S /dev/ttyUSB2 -S /dev/ttyUSB3
    Pause

I hope this helps you get on the right track, i'm not tryin to act like an expert just offered up what i've learned while fighting through my setup.
  • edited September 2014

Yeah, with gridseeds, you're going to want to get used to multiple instantiation of your miner, I've yet to see even a posited solution to dualmining that doesn't involve running sha and scrypt instances seperately