"CoinDash" iOS Dashboard App

edited August 2014 in General

Hello all,

Just submitted a Give Me Coins iOS dashboard app to provide a (paid) alternative to the official (free) app, with a different user experience, and visual layout intended to more closely track the design of the Give Me Coins web dashboard, but adjusted for an iPhone form-factor.

Here are some screenshots:

image   image   image   image

Comments

• When I think of a dashboard, I want one place to get a quick reading of all my miners/coins, etc

Here is a mockup (that kind of works in Excel).

I use the same worker names for each coin for simplicity.

• edited August 2014

I understand. I like to see my workers in one place as well, but only for one coin pool at a time. It allows me to organize my workers not only by coin but by hardware for that coin. There are a number of other stats available for each coin pool, so a strong case can be made for keeping things grouped together by coin pool. Otherwise there is the risk of being overloaded with too much information.

The idea with this app is to make it easy (on your eyes) to get at the information you're looking for, with large typeface for key stats, and beautiful graphics for those stats that are amenable to a more visual presentation. I think the guys at GMC have done a great job with the web dashboard. And so this app attempts to stay true to that sort of dashboard design and UX.

In any case, viewing all your stats for a given coin pool can be done with a simple scroll (workers are sorted from highest to lowest hash rate); switching between coin pools is a simple tap & select; pull-to-refresh updates stats; and built-in QR code scan makes accessing your stats easy. But underlying it all is an attempt to incorporate good design principles. This app is intended for those who appreciate well-designed apps, and want a mining dashboard that both provides useful information and is beautiful to look at. I hope I've succeeded at least somewhat.

If there is something you'd like to see, definitely let me know, and I'll do my best to include it in the next release. At present the app presents every data point GMC provides in its API. So if you'd like to see additional stats, then consider firing off a quick note to the GMC admins requesting they add some additional stats to their API. Personally, I'd love to see balance stats for all coins, as well as Darkcoin support (wink).
  • edited July 2014

App really looks nice. Well done!!!

P.S.: Drop by IRC and talk with me so we can see what can be done on API.
  • Cheers @khaos. Much appreciated.

• edited August 2014

For anyone that is interested, the app (CoinDash) has been accepted on the App Store, and a new release with support for Peercoin is pending.

If you'd like some additional information and screens, here is a link to the website. And here is a link to the App Store.

If you have any questions/requests feel free to contact me.
  • edited August 2014

An updated release of CoinDash (v1.1) with Peercoin support (and minor bug fix) has been accepted and is now available in the App Store at the same link as above.

• edited October 2014

CoinDash v1.2 is now available in the App Store.

What's New in Version 1.2

• Added support for viewing Umbrella (LTC) merged mining stats.
    • Added support for viewing available Darkcoin and Dogecoin alts mining pool stats.

• What about a Android version?

• Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to do an Android version.

• Ok, thank you

• edited October 2014

CoinDash v1.3 is now available in the App Store.

What's New in Version 1.3

• Added full support for viewing Dogecoin merged mining stats.

• Added support for viewing Syscoin merged mining stats.

• CoinDash v1.4 is now available in the App Store.

What's New in Version 1.4

• Added support for iOS 8
    • Added support for iPad and iPad Mini
    • Added support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

• edited June 2015

CoinDash v1.5 is now available in the App Store.

What's New in Version 1.5

• Added support for Bitcoin, Namecoin, and Viacoin
    • Removed defunct coins Darkcoin, Parallaxcoin, and Monoclecoin

• Good job!

• Cheers mate!