New SHA256 Coins

edited June 2014 in Coin Requests

Hey guys,

After the removal of BTC/NMC and PPC we are looking for new candidets to add to the pool.

We are only looking for SHA256 coins at this time. If multiple are sucessful we can add some to the main site and some to alts.

i will create a vote with the top suggestions.

Comments

• I'm going to suggest Asiccoin.  It's reasonably easy to mine.  Seems like nice positive re-enforcement of actually being able to get coins within a day or so for the new miners out there who just got a little usb antminer. :-)

From their page one bitcointalk
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292501.0

AsicCoin - ASC

A SHA-256 crypto-currency, is based on Bitcoin version 0.8, with super random blocks. It is a coin for ASICs!

The following specifications are implemented:

- Each normal block has 1024 coins
       - 30 seconds block time
       - Difficulty retargets every 60 blocks (approximately 30 mins).
       - mining payout will be halved every 3 months (259,200 blocks)
       - Expected total mined coins will be 675,925,530 coins (not including 1 coin/block maintenance)
       - 4 confirmations for transaction (2 mins)
       - 70 confirmations for minted blocks
       - The minimum payout will be maintained at 1 coin/block.[/li][/list]

Random bonus blocks are:
          - 1/10 chance (about every 5 mins) for one 2048-coin block (2^11 coins)
          - 1/100 chance (about every hour) for one 8096-coin block (2^13 coins)
          - 1/10000 chance (about every 3.5 days) for one 65536-coin block (2^16 coins)

---------

Thoughts?

• Is it possible to mine a few different coins on the same pool like cex.io does?

• edited June 2014

My vote is to restore the PPC Pool, I will be moving my 3ths here upon the end of the month. My hashrate combined with the rest of the pool should ensure we find adequate blocks to begin to grow. PPC is also relatively stable in price and exchange rate. This makes it more suitable for lower hashing miners looking to maximize profit, and will hopefully allow them to reach a better ROI. PPC is also traded and tracked by most of the major exchanges allowing for easy sale of the coins. Preev only list's 4 major players.

• I'll second Noblezim711 in a couple of ways.  First, I think we should look for coins that are well established in major exchanges, and that have steady trading volumes.  Second, I recently decided to expand into SHA-256 coins, and I ordered some mining equipment.  I'm not sure that I'll get it set up by the end of June, but sometime in the next 30 days or so I'd throw at least 1th at PPC here.

I suppose that I might suggest TEKcoin or Zetacoin as possible alternatives.  TEKcoin is interesting because of the high proof of stake and strong momentum it has right now.  But, the exchange volume fluctuates with TEKcoin - I think because of people selling proof of stake coins as the value increases.  Zetacoin seems to be a pretty safe choice to replace PPC.  It has a pretty steady exchange volume and value (unfortunately not a lot of upward value movement), but who knows about the long-term outlook.

Maybe you could make a list of the top 3-5 possible choices and solicit a second round of voting for the top 1 or 2.  There are lots of alt coins, it's difficult to research all of them to make a recommendation.

• Does anyone else care about sha coins?

• I have a couple of sha miners doing nothing.
    Might as well turn them onto something.

• If it helps to spur interest, I will offer the hashing power of my two antminer s2's, for lease too pool members. This could allow ltc miners to get in on the action.

• Suggestions for new SHA coins?

• Based on my research, I'd like to know what people think about these options:

Zetacoin: Pros: seems like a stable replacement for PPC.  Cons: averages slightly less mining profitability than BTC (last 3 months or so).
    TEKcoin: Pros: has a really high proof of stake (40%), and momentum.  Cons: Unclear future, volatility.
    Myriadcoin: Pros: might be fun because it can be mined by anything (script, X11, and SHA-256) so it could fit nicely in the pool.  Cons: it's not as profitable as the others and seems gimmicky.
    TAKcoin: Maybe.  Pros: it has pretty good mining profitability; and an identity beyond just-another-alt.  Cons: Unclear future, volatility.

Also, it's worth a read if you haven't seen the CoinDesk article on Vericoin.  http://www.coindesk.com/vericoin-altcoin-spend-wherever-bitcoin-accepted/

• I kinda like the lottery type rewards of AsicCoin. I only have 10 MH of sha-256 in my desk drawer, but might be willing to buy a few RockMiner R-Box's at $65 and add another 100 MH to the pool.

Now to stop my instant lottery addiction...

- UnklAdM

• I will commit my 5 Ths made up of 7 x Antminer s1's, 2 x Antminer s2, and 2 * dragon miners 1th towards what ever sha coin the pool picks.

• we done alot of code changs on both stratum and the ppc client and are now at a point where we can reactivate it with the help of noblezim711's hashrate.

• 2 Blocks today already WOW!

• Thanks.  I think this is good news.  Just FYI.  I'm planning to add about 1TH sometime within the next 30 days or so.  Looking forward to mining in the PPC pool.

• Looking forward to your added hashrate! Blocks all day long!

• Just added my 20ish GH/s to the ppc pool.. no it isnt alot but it is what i have hehe

• Added my 1.3 TH to the pool, hopefully more will come!!