PLX Wallet issues on MacOS

edited May 2014 in Vertcoin

I think this is the best place to ask this, now that we are mining VTX, MON, and PLX together.

I'm wondering if anyone has been able to install the PLX wallet on MacOS? The main PLX site provides a dmg install image for the Mac, but the image appears to be corrupt. The message says "You can't open the application "ParallaxCoint-Qt" because it may be damaged or incomplete". That prevents me from generating a payout address, obviously.

Before I attempt to build from source, I wanted to see if I'm the only one with this problem.

Thanks, C

Comments

• edited May 2014

I installed it from the site without issue in OSX 10.9.2

• That's good to know. I ditched the image and started from scratch (again), same error. I have

$ md5 /Applications/ParallaxCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/ParallaxCoin-Qt
    MD5 (/Applications/ParallaxCoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/ParallaxCoin-Qt) = f9887da83ebace31025376c4c4f9b276

$ md5 ParallaxCoin-Qt.dmg
    MD5 (ParallaxCoin-Qt.dmg) = 6b5c907d3c3dfa3a910a7e0f93a9561e

Mavericks 10.9.3, but it didn't work with 10.9.2 either.

Thanks, C

• I think I still have the disk image if you want it. Just let me know how you want me to send it to you.

• edited May 2014

Ever since OSX went to the "App Store" model of downloading software, it won't execute any app that wasn't downloaded from the store!  You can disable this "feature" in the security control panel.