Darkcoin pool

edited May 2014 in General

I mine VTC before but now switched to mining darkcoin on another pool. I'd would like to see darkcoin pool here in the future.

Comments

• Mee too, I would like Dark as well :-)

• I would also appreciate a Darkcoin pool.

• +1 for this :D

• me to for dark!

• DRK is shaping up nicely

• You mean the coin that has changed names several times and was HEAVILY pre-mined?

• I'll be switching to darkcoin as well. I have a 10 MH rig turned off due to power and the heat in Arizona. VTC doesn't really excite me, I would prefer to keep mining at this pool I just think drk has the technology edge for future use.

• edited May 2014

as i mentioned in the other thread about this. im watching it but unless we can be garanteed enough hashrate to find blocks i dont think its viable to add it here there are soo many darkcoin pools and if we cant get the hashrate to find blocks then it wont be worth it for miners.

If we can have a rough estimate of hashrate and interest then sure we can add it

• as i mentioned in the other thread about this. im watching it but unless
    we can be garanteed enough hashrate to find blocks i dont think its
    viable to add it here there are soo many darkcoin pools and if we cant
    get the hashrate to find blocks then it wont be worth it for miners.

If we can have a rough estimate of hashrate and interest then sure we can add it

• Agreed, there are a lot of Darkcoin mining pools out there - but none of them quite as nice as GMC, with mobile monitoring apps to boot!

It looks like drkpool.com is the largest darkcoin pool. They've got 3360 active miners as of this writing with about 14 GH/s pool hash rate. Total network hash rate is currently 80-90 GH/s. They are currently averaging 94 blocks per day. That's about 4 blocks per hour, or 1 block every 15 min.

Back-of-envelope calculations to address feasibility:

Let's say we have 1/10th as much hash capacity, say 320 miners at roughly 1.4 GH/s, we would be looking at one block roughly every 150 min. or 2-3 hours. Rounding up, let's say 1 block every 3 hours or so at 1/10th hash capacity.

320 miners @ 1.4 GH/s pool speed => 3 hours per block
    160 miners @ 700 MH/s pool speed => 6 hours per block
    80 miners @ 350 MH/s pool speed => 12 hours per block
    40 miners @ 175 MH/s pool speed => 24 hours per block
    20 miners @ 85 MH/s pool speed => 48 hours per block

A couple days for a block still seems pretty reasonable. The question is, could we get at least (say) 100 MH/s total darkcoin pool hash rate to support finding blocks every 1-2 days?

I'll attach a poll to gauge interest.
  • I've deleted and re-added the poll to make it a bit more granular (post: Darkcoin Poll).

• Just saw this thread - apologies for duplicating it in another thread.

+1 for Darkcoin.

I've set up a poll to gauge if there is enough hash rate to set up a mining pool here:

Also, @TheEdge: Darkcoin was never pre-mined. 
  • I have 25-30 Mh/s mining DRK.  I am doing P2POOL with a fee of 0.3%.  I would move it here if the fee was reasonable.

I mine LTC here at about 11 Mh/s.
  • edited June 2014

ok guys i think i can announce it semioffically here. We are going to bring a darkcoin pool online. There is no ETA at this stage as we are tweaking some settings and making sure we have the resources available to run it.

As for a fee im not 100% sure what to do with the fees so any ideas are welcomed. Of course it will be 0% at launch i am considering leaving it at 0% but we may but a fee at 1% or under just for soem operational costs.

Let me know what you guys think

• I am in! Lets start with 0% and we will see ....

• ok i have a little surprise for you.

We have been thinking of a way to give you guys coins you want on give-me-coins. What we have decided is that we will create a secondary pool which we can add and remove coins at will and if they look extremely promising then we will migrate them to the main give-me-coins website.

We have called this new pool give-me-alts and it will be run on the Node Open Mining platform heavily modified by ourselves. Currently only darkcoin is active but we plan to add more coins in future.

This pool is in a open beta and as such has a 0% fee attached to it. We are working on the front end to make it tie into our main site better but all mining and payouts are now active.

PLEASE NOTE: There is no login for this you simple use your wallet address as your username and anything as a password you are also paid when a block is found directly to your wallet so please do not set this to a exchange address.

The url for this new pool is alts.give-me-coins.com and we will be adding a link from the main site as we develop the frontend more.

Any questions let me know.

• slow start but we are growing :)

• So using your wallet id for a username is kinda cool.
    But I have 5 different miners pointed at drk and it's impossible to tell which one bit the dust ....

• edited June 2014

unfourtuntally thats not node works for now. Once we can get back on track and get it into the main site we can work on those things.

At this point it seems not many have taken up the pool from all the request i got im supprised at the small hashrate on it. That will also be worked on once we can get it in the main site as well as the addition of DOGE

• hi serraz, 
    i see 1 block found in darkcoin pool, but this block isn't  pending , confirmed or orphan..
    I do not see even any payment on my wallet.
    what mean?

• edited June 2014

@aiqwerty it seems that the devs did a hardfork screwed it up then reverted instantly. so im goign ot guess that that block is a orphan. its a huge mess tryign to figure out which client we neeed to use to get on the right fork and asking on their chat  was a waste of time as there all just talking about rubbish.

• ah ok
    damned, i will wait the next  block for my calc.

Thanks for explanation
  • Anyway to get port 80 enabled?

• another 2 dark blocks yey

• its becomming increasingly difficult to run the darkcoin pool. Devs have very very poor communication and with a new client / fork / pool software every other week and only telling select pools this makes it very hard.

If anyone is active on the darkcoin forums and sees any updates please pass them onto us. I try to  keep on the forums so we dont get left in the dark but cannot always.