How to set up cgminer with my 4890? It wont start to mine at all!

edited April 2014 in Miner Configs

Hello all!
I have probelms to configure my HD4890 to work. I did all like you already type in this topic https://forum.give-me-coins.com/discussion/946/help-a-new-miner-out-terrible-hash-rate-for-radeon-hd-6790-5-khs
When I click on my .bat file it wont start. I mean, it starts and ends in less then second. I m using cgminer 4.2. in win7 64 bit.
Can you please help me what to do, because I cant find proper miner help in my country.
Best regards from Serbia!

Comments

• You can open up a command prompt and drag and drop your config file to see why its closing you need to first troubleshoot the reason its crashing before you can fix it.

• edited April 2014

Now I tried miner configgen from site but it wont help too. It says

C:\Users\Zoran\Desktop\cgminer-4.2.0-windows>color 02

C:\Users\Zoran\Desktop\cgminer-4.2.0-windows>cgminer --scrypt -o http://ltc.give
    -me-coins.com:3333 -u xxxxxxx -p xxxxxxxx --shaders 800 --intensit
    y 10 --worksize 128 -g 1
     [2014-04-27 14:49:29] cgminer: --scrypt: unrecognized option

• I dont know what to change... :(

• No help serraz? Any tip pls.

• Sorry about that i had to sleep after my first comment. I think the issue is you are trying to use the latest version of cgminre which cannot GPU mine anymore. My advice is to take a look at sgminer or a older version of cgmienr with GPU mining enabled

• Awwwww, I tried earlier 3.7.2 and got this:

C:\Users\Zoran\Desktop\cgminer-3-7-3-heavycoin>C:\cgminer-3.7.2-windows\cgminer.
    exe --scrypt -o ltc.give-me-coins.com:3333 -u xxxxxxxx -p xxxxxxxxx
    --shaders 2048 --intensity 13 --worksize 512 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 11200 -g
    2 -w 256 -I 13 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune -20 --expir
    y 1 --scan-time 1 --queue 0 --no-submit-stale
    The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\Zoran\Desktop\cgminer-3-7-3-heavycoin>

I got this now with this settings in cgminer 3.7.2

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o ltc.give-me-coins.com:3333 -u xxxxxxx -p xxxxxx -I 15 -g 1 -w 128 --thread-concurrency 6400

And I guess it wont start... :(

• I finally did it!!
    I typed wrong username....rofl bcs I put .1 after worker name as it should be. I changed it in my options.

And it s making about 150-155 kh/s

• That's about the correct number for the 4890's.  I used to run two of them and got almost a solid 300 before yanking them for one 7970.  Had em in another rig for a bit but the Power Supply was crap and died on me, lol.  Enjoy the run!