Stops after 2 shares

edited April 2014 in Litecoin

Hi I started mining LTC two days ago and no mater how long I mine it only shows 2 shares is there a problem with the server or something?

Comments

• edited April 2014

sound like one of the followign issues.

you have your miner configured incorrectly. OR you trying to mine with a cpu and its not submitting shares.

hard to tell withought any info.

• These are my settings:
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    cgminer --scrypt -o ltc-eu.give-me-coins.com:3333 -u GreasePony.ltc -p ltc --lookup-gap 1 --shaders 800 --intensity 11 -g 2 --thread-concurrency 900 -g 2 -w 256 -I 11
    --gpu-memclock 600 --gpu-engine 500 --gpu-powertune 20,0 --expiry 1 --scan-time 30 --queue 0 --no-submit-stale --failover-only --auto-fan --gpu-fan 90-100 --temp-cutoff 90
    --temp-overheat 85 --temp-target 73

And my monitoring program shows gpu usage ta 99%.

• edited April 2014

what version of cgminer the latest does not support GPU mining anymore and do you see a MH or Kh value on cgmienr itself

• 3.7.2 and the value doesn't show it just goes blank after starting but the value does show on the pool site.

• interesting. What hashrate does the site give you. Also which card are you currently using?

It is also good to note that after a block is found your shares will be reset. If you click on the YOU dropdown it will show lifetime shares.

• edited April 2014

AMD Radeon HD 6450

Shares:valid 4, invalid 8

The hashrate jumps between 24 and 14 Kh/s

• Maybe use only one of them:  --intensity 11 or -I 11 

• I know but that's not the problem, the pool's not receiving my shares but its showing my hashrate.

• edited April 2014

if your miner is submitting 40 kh it wont submit a share for a while... so if thats the case then all looks fine.

you need to tell us what your cgminer window says most likely alot of HW

• Well the thing is it doesn't say anything the text just doesn't appear, I've put -T in the .bat file but after it says starting cgminer 3.7.2 it just goes blank. When I mine SHA256 cryptos the text is there but when I mine scrypt its just blank.

• I know this is old but, I-11 is too high for a 6450. Even if you are not using the PC. Take Luke-jr's advice. Fastest hash rate is not the best rate. The best rate and money comes from the fewest errors and rejects. I would not go over I-9 for any reason and will probably drop back to I-8 soon. I actually get a better hash rate with I-9 than I do with any higher number. The GPU will take up to an I-15, but not for long. Anything higher and the card shuts down and has to be restarted. Stick with the number that works best in the long run, not the hash numbers that show up after a few minutes. No matter what you might see, I think anything higher than an I-9 on a 6450 is too high.