Cpu Mining batch file

edited March 2014 in General

Though most will say it is not worth it and for the most part they are correct. For those that want to try cpu mining I wrote a little batch file that can be used to select which coin you want to mine each time it starts up.

Open notepad and copy and paste what is below and save it as coinchoose.bat
Title CoinMiner
@ECHO OFF
REM - small batch file to choose which coin to mine and then start the miner.
:BEGIN
CLS
color
REM - gives user 3 choices to decide which coin to mine
echo Choose 1 for litecoin 2 for feathercoin or 3 for vertcoin
CHOICE /N /C:123 /M "PICK A NUMBER (1, 2, or 3)"%1
REM - start the bat file for the coin chosen
IF ERRORLEVEL ==3 GOTO THREE
IF ERRORLEVEL ==2 GOTO TWO
IF ERRORLEVEL ==1 GOTO ONE
GOTO END

:THREE
Title Vertcoin
cls
color 09
setlocal
path C:/Coinminer/ncoin/
call vtc.bat
end local
GOTO END

:TWO
Title Feathercoin
cls
color 0D
setlocal
path C:/Coinminer/aocoin/
call ftc.bat
endlocal
GOTO END

:ONE
Title Litecoin
cls
color 0A
setlocal
path C:/Coinminer/aocoin/
call ltc.bat
endlocal
:END

You will need to create a folder in your C: drive and copy all the files needed to it. I created two additonal folders in mine. One I call aocoin for all other coins and one called ncoin for n-scrypt coins. You will need the latest cpuminer placed in aocoin and the latest vert-cpuminer placed in ncoin.

you will need to creat a batch file for litecoins and one for feathercoins and place them in the aocoin folder. You will need a batch file for vertcoin and place it in the ncoin folder. Examples are below, you will need to change your username and password for each though to your own unless you want to mine and donate to me instead which I wont complain if you do.

open up notepad and copy and paste the line below and save it as vtc.bat and then place it in your ncoin folder
minerd -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://vtc.give-me-coins.com:3337 -u Drakona.1 -p 123

open up notepad and copy and paste the line below and save it as ltc.bat and then place in your acoin folder
minerd  -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3333 -u Drakona.1 -p 123

open up notepad and copu and paste the line below and save it as ftc.bat and then  palce in your acoin folder
minerd  -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ftc.give-me-coins.com:3336 -u Drakona.1 -p 123

Once done you can double click the choosecoin.bat and then choose which coin to start to mine, It will even name the cmd window for the coin you are mining and change the colors of the text to represent the same solors as what is used here in the ticker.